The next Mississippi Food Policy Council meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 10 at 1:30pm at the Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation, 6311 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211
The agenda will be as follows:
Update from MDAC, Andy Prosser, Deputy Commissioner
- Oxford Program & other success stories
- Updates from around the state
- Senate Bill 2553 Cottage Food Bill
- House Bill 718 Farm-to-School Interagency Council Bill
- What are their resources?
- How can we maximize these resources?
Farm Service Agency
- Discussion on the new loan program
- The rules for this program.
- Who qualifies for this program?
Subcommittee and other reports
- Farm to School
- Farms Market EBT
- In-Home food processing
- Legislative Task Force
- Governance and Funding
- Survey of fruit and vegetable growers
- Harvard research on economic development