Calling all Agricultural Professionals: the Farm to Table Experience offers several opportunities to hone your skills and learn about new trends in the farm to table industry! Several sessions offered for agricultural professionals at all levels. Sign up for a session today:
- Plenary – “New Markets, New Opportunities: USDA’s Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food Initiative” presented by Sara Eckhouse, Senior Advisor to the Secretary, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Friday, 8/19 from 8:30-9:30AM
- Breakout Session – “Producer to Consumer and All in Between – A Look at Grassfed Beef” presented by Chef Stephen Blaser, Centerplate; Shannon Gonsoulin, Gonsoulin Land and Cattle; and Simone Reggie, Simone’s Market
- Thursday, 8/18 from 9:45-10:45AM
- Breakout Session – “Beyond Farmer’s Markets: Producing for Retail” presented by Alan Lewis, Natural Grocers
- Thursday, 8/18 from 11AM-12PM
- Breakout Session – “Aquaponics – Building Local Food Systems through Innovation and Entrepreneurship” presented by Rebecca Nelson, Nelson and Pade, Inc.
- Thursday, 8/18 from 2:30-3:30PM
- Plenary – “Food Safety Modernization Act: Redefining Farm to Table Food Safety” presented by Dr. Achyut Adhikari, LSU AgCenter; Chef Richard Jones, Green Door Gourmet; and Baylen Linnekin, George Mason University Law School
- Thursday, 8/18 from 3:45-4:45PM
F2Te is hosted by the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and the National Farm to Table Alliance.
The National Farm to Table Alliance is a collection of organizations interested in the production, use and benefits of sustainable local farm fresh seasonal products and supports the important exchange between Practitioners, Policy Makers and Consumers while promoting food safety.